Saturday, October 13, 2007

Warm Raw Cocoa


I am a full convert to the health-enhancing properties of raw cacao. Feels like a wonderful tonic whenever I take it. And the Navitas "Cacao Power" Raw Chocolate Powder is really what is says on the bag: "King of Cacao". It is absolutely superb. Far superior to anything I ever ground up myself from raw nibs.

Mixed with warm nut milk and your sweetener of choice, it's a great way to start a cold morning...

1 C. raw nut milk (I used some leftover sunflower seed milk here, but you can use milk made from almonds, pecans, cashews, walnuts... whatever you like)
1 T. raw cacao powder
dash himmy salt (Himalayan Crystal Salt)

Warm ingredients together in saucepan. Serve.

Makes 1 mug or 2 smaller cups of cocoa.

2 comments:

Vev said...

This looks delish. I'm all over all of your blogs, Samina! :D

Angela Leeds said...

So great to see you here, vev! :D